• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elephant hunting with underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was a load of 220 grains by volume 2 f, felt over was 900 grain patched ball, rifle used dual musket cap ignition,was great fun

a fairly mundane load of 110g fffg powder and an .535 ball will penetrate 18" into an elephants skull... a much smaller hole though, and need to be more precise.

Don't have it anymore,have owned it twice,this last time I told the young man,I will not take it back,damn near 70 now,can't tote the weight or handle the recoil,it was called Diana,she was a petite thing at 14 lbs. Even used to make up lead with added silver to add hardness to the balls,an old friend once owned a junkyard,and we shot blow engine blocks with it

I will go ahead and post my 6 bore, sold by Dixie back in the good old days. I have modified it quite a bit. I will also post the original 1971 catalog info.

Attachments

• Full_resize.jpg
    Full_resize.jpg
    78.6 KB
  • Bullet_Muzzle_resize.jpg
    Bullet_Muzzle_resize.jpg
    88.5 KB
  • Catalog_image_resize.jpg
    Catalog_image_resize.jpg
    93.8 KB
  • Catalog_caption_resize.jpg
    Catalog_caption_resize.jpg