• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elizabethtown, KY Show?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soinkuhndog

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I read where there is an 18th Century Trade Fair in Elizabethtown, KY in February. I'm about 5 hours away (round trip). Any more information on it would be greatly appreciated. Worth the drive? I'm just starting out, so there is a lot fun things I can use.

Thanks,

As long as you're going to E-town, and you have an interest in history, you may as pay a visit to the Armor Museum at Fort Knox. There are a few muzzleloaders, but mostly, the exhibits are more, shall we say, "potent".

There are some other trade fairs in the winter as well, if your calendar prefers. There's one near Chillicothe Ohio, and another in Noblesville, Indiana (Feb.16&17). Palestine Illinois was last weekend.

There is also an Arms museum in Louisville, KY. called the Frazier International History Museum at 829 West Main St. It is across the street from the Louisville slugger museum. Covers a number of time periods, but is worth the trip.

It's Friday (12-5) and Saturday (9-5), February 1st and 2nd. Held annually at the Pritchard Community Center, near the intersection of the 31W bypass and HWY62 in E-town. It's sponsored by the Bucksort Longshooters, (or Longhunters, I forget what they go by exactly) They are a local group, loosly organized near as I can tell. Myself and a friend have both tried to make contact with them and shoot at their range..no luck yet.. but the "fair" is pretty good, myself and a couple buddies go most years. $3 to get in $2 in period costume.. Acouterments, furs, parts, some guns, etc. Lots to do in the area, easy to make it a fun trip.

Thanks everyone.
I'm going up to Linton 18th Century Trade Fair tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll make it to E-Town now.

So.. how was it? Find everything you needed?

If you are still thinking about E-town.. come straight down I-65, get off at the first E-town exit (exit 94), which is HWY62, go right, follow it about 2 miles, community center is on the right.

I thought it was a nice, well run show. Everyone with the group that put it on -- Buck Creek Muzzle Loaders (I hope I got that right) -- were extremely nice and helpful.

I picked up a powder horn and shooting bag and some books.

Back