• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

elk brats for all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmtnboy

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Spent the weekend putting the finishing touches on my herd cow from last week.
Sun was spent making 40lbs of Brats.

DSCF3674.jpg

DSCF3676.jpg

DSCF3683.jpg

DSCF3691.jpg

Man I bet those are great on the grill! Any samples? :grin:

Davy

Looks great wish I had some. You got a great set up there to do your processing. Hope you have alot more luck this season.

chance said:
You got a great set up there to do your processing. H
It's like casting your own bullets or reloading your own rounds.
I can't fathom sombody elce butchering my critters.
We upgrade our system when we can.
we now use a vaccum sealer and electric grinder.
Man I remember being five years old and having to spend hours(seemed like daze) hand grinding every thing on the farm from venison to hog.
and the smell of canned meat because we diden't have a freezer as of yet.
I'm glad I know how to do the ol ways but sure am happy It only takes a day to butcher a elk not a week.

Davy said:
Man I bet those are great on the grill! Any samples? :grin:

Davy

come on up for a vaca Davy and we'll drinks some beers and throw some on the grill.
:thumbsup:

Nice :thumbsup:

:hmm: Now lets see... if I left today... :haha:

:haha: Heck I can always wait... I'm patient like that :grin:

"elk brats for all"
As the title implies, hop to it, ya got a lot of sendin out to do! :rotf:
Nice work with great end results GMB !! :hatsoff:

GreenMtnBoy, I salute you! Not only because I'm salivating like a dog looking at that good food, and not only because you've got my Deutsches Blut up and yearning for Brat's, but because it's got to be a good feeling knowing no matter how bad things get, you can cope.

My hat's off to you, sir. :hatsoff: And I admit to being a tiny bit envious.

NICE! We do all of our own processing too (same fear). I still hand grind all of ours with a #32 grinder I bought years ago from Cabela's. It does an excellent job but I'll admit....I have "grinder envy" :wink:. I've always pondered making sausage and ESPECIALLY brats. Is it difficult? How long did it take you to get the seasoning right? Thanks for the pics and story.

Greenmtnboy said,"I'm glad I know how to do the ol ways."

With the economy the way it is the skills of the old ways may become critical knowledge. The city boys is their suits and BMW's may be in for a heap of trouble.

PJC

Them brats is bound to be a heap more fillin' than that there lil' chipmonk ya been nibblin' on. :rotf: :rotf:

Latest posts

Back