• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

elk brats for all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang that looks good!I like that table you got your outfit on.The wife and I share a tiny fold out table when we butcher.I'd like to make some dry salami like my buddies dad used to make.Good stuff.

Idaho PRB said:
NICE! We do all of our own processing too (same fear). I still hand grind all of ours with a #32 grinder I bought years ago from Cabela's. It does an excellent job but I'll admit....I have "grinder envy" :wink:. I've always pondered making sausage and ESPECIALLY brats. Is it difficult? How long did it take you to get the seasoning right? Thanks for the pics and story.

There are a bunch of recipts that I know of for brats, sausage,etc..
The ones I use are from a very dear friend and his wife that live five miles from me in a Aspen log cabin with a huge log green house attached.
He's a hard rock miner now retired and full time hillbilly.
I got a dry salami recipt I cook up in my dutch oven in the backcountry or in bulk form( 10 to 15 loves at a time) at home.
I got my Brat recipt from my Granny :bow:.

Latest posts

Back