• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elk, Caribou, Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are there any of you that get together every or everyother year and try to put a hunt together? All traditional type of hunt, ect. maybe the hunter orange were needed. I thought it would be a lot of fun. I know none of you no me, but heck we have to start somewhere.

Aim small, miss small

I would hunt anywhere. I have never hunted Alaska. I have guided/hunted Canada, 20 or so different states here in the US. Have not do Africa or other countries. caribou up in Alaska might be interesting, Brown Bear would be nice, but a little high in price.

Aim small, miss small

Boy, that's a tough one for me. It's one thing to provide advice on local hunting, but another altogether to go into the woods with strangers and guns. I make lots of range trips with potential new hunting pards, then some exploratory trips for snowshoe hare before I ever join with them for bigger game.

That's just my "twitch," but for my comfort good hunting pardners are earned. This spring we had a brown bear guide killed by his client up here. Experienced hunter, top guide and successful bear kill. Somehow the dude managed to instantly kill his guide in the celebration after the kill. Ruined a lot of lives, including the shooter's.

I was not asking to go with, but would be great. I was just saying I have never hunted up that way. Someday I want to caribou hunt up that way. Sorry to hear the story of the guide and hunter.

Latest posts

Back