• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elk Hide Shooting Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TDM, great looking work!
Wish I had seen this earlier as I have had no luck finding decent strap lately and just settled for cotton strap from Joan's (wanted jute or hemp..). I used black walnut to dye with and waiting for it to dry (it's for an axe bag). I forgot all about lamp wick!
Nice sewing all way round and that flint wallet is top notch!

@TDM, great looking work!
Wish I had seen this earlier as I have had no luck finding decent strap lately and just settled for cotton strap from Joan's (wanted jute or hemp..). I used black walnut to dye with and waiting for it to dry (it's for an axe bag). I forgot all about lamp wick!
Nice sewing all way round and that flint wallet is top notch!
Thanks. I get that 1” lantern wick from Amazon. I’ve used it on a couple of powder horns too. I use Rit dye on it. Very strong stuff.

A while back I received a beautiful Elk hide in a trade I made with @deerstalkert. Finally got around to using some of it. The bag is 9” deep x 9 1/2” wide. Hand saddle stitched with trade bead and bone adornment. The strap is 1” lantern wick dyed brown with bronze D rings. I also made a new flint wallet with some of the trimmings.
BUD, you got it going on,keep up the good work,but stay cool .

Back