• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elk town, USA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just affirms my opinion: people are stupid!!
That's Estes Park, just west of here. That's what happens when you build a town on breeding grounds.

Robby, the whole front range is getting like Boulder. The wierdos just keep moving in. You wouldn't believe the shennanigans that go on, like trying to stop the poisoning of prairie dogs, that if aren't removed, will close down an airport. :idunno: Go figure.

Didn't we, at one time in this country, have the right to protect ourselves and our property?

I would be irate if I owned that golf course. :shocked2:

I am from the Midwest and have always had the impression that the folks "out West" had a lot of common sense in dealing with life's little curveballs. I see now that the enviro-whackos are starting to call the shots out there too. :shake:

Where is America heading?

Boulder is 3 square miles surrounded by reality!

Lived in Denver years ago.

Paul

Does that mean that Estes is like Boulder?

No, not near as bad as Boulder! Estes is pretty diverse. They have an Elk Fest their about the end of September each year. It's a nice stop on the way to Rocky Mountain Natl Park if one is heading that way to observe the elk rut. Elk jerky for sale in the city park!

When I said "just another day in Estes", I was refering to the elk problem. It's a year round problem because the RMNP is so over populated with elk and the town literally borders the park. They like the golf course and the other nice green grass around town.

A population reduction is underway, but they are dragging it out to an eight year process. They use "sharpshooters", whatever that is!! :haha: Colorado Division of wildlife offered to handle the entire reduction plan for the Park. Woulda been no cost to the park whatsoever! Talked about if for about two years, but the park bureaucracy did not have the guts to turn it over to Division of Wildlife and allow carefully controlled hunting in the park. Too many bunny huggers, etc., from all over the country could not stand the thought of it. :shocked2: Somehow they can deal with the idea of "sharpshooters" though! :haha:

The reduction plan is going to cost Parks (taxpayers) about $10,000,000 (no typos in that number) to complete the plan. Involves paying the parks people to go out with the shooter, paying the shooter to shoot the animal, then pay to have the animal gutted and transported to a processor and then pay the processor and then pay to have it transported to a homeless shelter to be consumed.

DOW would have sold licenses and supervised the hunters. Hunters would have gladly field handled their game and taken it home to process on their own nickel and consume the meat. Cost under that plan to taxpayers and the park $0.00! :shocked2:

Any town of over 2500 pop is too big for me.

Hey, Capper. Nederland is less than 2,500. Just up Boulder creek from Boulder. Bet you would not last two hours in that town. You'd be running for Bueny as fast as you could! :)

Yes, I like it here.

If they make up their mind in Estes. I'm available to remove some juicy elk meat.

We have a similar problem with does here. They are offering a 3 month licence here for just does in a restricted area around town. I applied, but heard they are only giving out 40 tags. I'm not sure i'll get one. No matter. Elk meat is so much better. I just ate the last of the elk tonight. :(

Near the city of Rochester NY, they had a problem with too many deer. After countless meetings, and solutions including, birth control pills :youcrazy: , snipers at night, untold quantity of money, they brought in bow hunters that actually paid a fee to thin the herd, it worked. A politician was asked, on the sly, why they didn't do that in the first place when it was brought up. He said he wouldn't vote for it in an open session. Such is the power of the looney tunes Disney crowd.
Robby

Robby, that's just about exactly how the process went here. Just did not end as well since the decision makers in the end are appointed to or employed in the Parks Service.

Capper, They could kill 40 does in one evening in that alfalfa field across 285 from the KOA. :rotf:

Latest posts

Back