• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

End of an era...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhh, I don't know where you guys are getting the info that Traditions has stopped selling sidelocks, but I doubt it is true. I am on their website now and count 25 sidelocks as being available. I did not count the kits. Now, some of those could be duplicates, but still, they appear to have a full line of guns.

On the ownership, I don't know the answer to that. Traditions is higher for the same gun than CVA was, so if they were one company, they eliminated the correct one from a business perspective. I have a recent receipt from CVA, and it shows that Winchester Muzzleloading is owned by the same company as CVA. The parent company is Blackpowder Products, Inc.

On the Bobcats, if anyone restocked one of the wood models and is tired of the original stock lying about, I will be happy to see that it gets a good home! :haha:

Oh, no word yet on the parts situation...

Well, no difinitive answer on the parts issue, but they still have some in stock. I am placing an order in a day or two for some odds and ends.

Still think that it is a shame that they are ending the sidelocks....

Back