• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

End of an Era...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be hunting with a flint TC renagade today.....I guess I'm still "transitioning" after 30 years... :rotf:

Keep at it Mike!
Maybe one day you will find a builder and can get a custom gun! :stir: :haha:

I'm not a big T.C. fan Roundball but that was a pritty gun.
you are now no longer a 70's buckskinner but a true longhunter.
:bow:
I think of all the T.C.'s and CVA's I have owned and pause...
you know that Jerimiah Johnson and the Mt man Heston- Kieth generation of the 70's is a real treasure to me.
I was young back then and man T.C. ruled.
It's a real growing experance.

lonehunter said:
Keep at it Mike!

The ignore feature is a wonderful thing.
Some of us wouldn't use certain builder's guns if we won them in a raffle...just try to get $50 at a pawn shop for it and give the money to a homeless guy
:rotf:

Greenmtnboy said:
I'm not a big T.C. fan Roundball but that was a pritty gun.
you are now no longer a 70's buckskinner but a true longhunter.
:bow:
I think of all the T.C.'s and CVA's I have owned and pause...
you know that Jerimiah Johnson and the Mt man Heston- Kieth generation of the 70's is a real treasure to me.
I was young back then and man T.C. ruled.
It's a real growing experance.
It's been a great couple of decades for sure...learned a lot about Flintlocks, have taken a lot of game with them, and now enjoy a set of outstanding rifles and smoothbores put together by TVM like some of yours...I'm a lucky guy
:thumbsup:

roundball said:
lonehunter said:
Keep at it Mike!

The ignore feature is a wonderful thing.
Some of us wouldn't use certain builder's guns if we won them in a raffle...just try to get $50 at a pawn shop for it and give the money to a homeless guy
:rotf:
Cool! There's a half dozen guys on this board I wouldn't make a gun for, most of them have me on their ignore feature. :rotf:

Roundball - I did keep one percussion: the .50 TC Hawken Dad gave me for Christmas in '78 (I was 13). It has the prettiest tiger-stripe stock I've ever seen on a TC. Dad and I went hunting virtually every muzzleloading season, him with his scoped .54 TC Renegade and me with the Hawken. Saving it for one of my grandkids. Used to shoot Maxi-Balls, ragged hole at 50 yards with 90 grains 2f. :hmm: Think I'll take it to the range and re-sight it in for roundballs.

Back