• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English Bar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the context?

It could be anything from a place to get a drink with an 'English flair' to a fitting on a gun of some kind.

You can never give us too much information, but right now you've given us zilch.

How are we going to help you?

What's the context?

It could be anything from a place to get a drink with an 'English flair' to a fitting on a gun of some kind.

You can never give us too much information, but right now you've given us zilch.

How are we going to help you?
I’m building a percussion Rigby target rifle and the catalog says along with the lock an English bar aught to be used.

This lock has that bar, the metal piece on top of the lock in front of the nipple.
1724334895947.jpeg

Apparently it is nothing more than a narrow shelf-like addition to the side of the breech to prevent cap fragments getting caught up in the slight gap between the barrel and the wood.

Many English muzzleloader sporting rifles have that style of lock. The bar is also referred to as a drip bar.

Davis and L&R have this type of lock. The L&R is a model #5000 if I recall?

I have a an English sporting rifle in .54 cal.

Respectfully, Cowboy
It’s a model #500 on the L&R lock, not a model #5000.

My mistake.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Back