• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Engraver for a patchbox?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find a jewelry shop that makes custom jewelry. Not a store that only sells things but one that will engrave on site. I had a barrel that needed a name on it and made a pattern of the word in the correct font with a boarder. After explaining how, where and the size they did the work perfectly. I had dropped it off and when they called in a couple of weeks I picked up. Cost was very reasonable.

Last edited:
I don't know where you are located or how long you want to wait, but at the NMLRA shoot in Friendship, IN there is often an engraver on vender row, or in the build area behind the Log Cabin gun showroom. I had them do two side plates at different times and it didn't cost much. Perhaps a good muzzleloading show or ML event near you might have the same option.

Some people do things differently. Some engravers cut deeply and others cut lightly. Tale a look at their work before selecting one. I prefer those who cut lightly. (Don't do any of that myself but have watched it done.)

Hello Peter, I've been off the site for a long time and now wanting to return to this wonderful hobby which I enjoy so much. Maybe I can help. I've engraved for over 25 years as a hobby. I've been trained but consider myself a backyard artist doing my own thing. I built & engraved a Kibler and you can see my work on one of my posts. Keep in mind I am older and shakier but I believe I can help if your expectations arn't too high. Give me a PM............John

Hello,
Can anyone make a reccomendation for an affordible engraver for a patchbox and perhaps some estunchions?
Where are you located? I suggest finging a builder that’s fairly local and telling them what you are interested in. That way it’s done correctly. There are some amazing engravers out there. Check out the work that Mark Thomas, Bill Slusser, and Cabincreek have been putting out

Back