• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Enlish Style Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read your post about comparing the two guns(the TOW "G" & the Smooth rifle) and when I looked at them again I could see the differences you pointed out to me. I spoke to Larry again asked about the differences in the two different fowlers has pictured and then decided on the one he has displayed on the rack. I thought about using shellac as it has a great look and feel but I had never tried it on something that will have to stand up to outdoor weather.

Blackpowder shooting is a whole new world for me and I relly want to thank all of you for the help I have been given. I ever run into any of you remember I usually have some type of homebrew hiding out in my tent

Les

Les, larry makes some nice guns in a price range that reenactors can afford and I think you will be pleased with your fowler.It's pretty generic for the 18th century. I don't know whether you're a reenactor or not but that gun will fit most any period. The next time you talk to Larry tell him I still have the old woodsrunner gun he liked so well and wanted to copy.I'll see him at the CLA this summer.Also when you mentioned liking shellac,I pulled out a deightful book called "The Furniture Doctor" by George Grotz. It's all about finishing,refinishing, and everything you always wanted to know about those and related subjects.It's out of print{1962} but sells on[url] abebooks.com[/url] and when I looked there about 80 copies for sale at $1.00 each plus postage.It's a real hoot if you're into old furniture.
Tom Patton :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back