• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Entered the Flintlock fraternity

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!!!

I think the fuse effect comes from the touch hole being too low...It should be high so when you close the frizzen, it is covered by the heel of the frizzen...This way, no powder can get in it...

Now that there is one large rabbit, could be a three-day rabbit, cook and eat for three days. Now go get a big one 😉Shinin times there, Congrats.

Now that there is one large rabbit, could be a three-day rabbit, cook and eat for three days. Good deal shining times there. Now go kill a big one.

Congratulations! We don’t have any BIG hares in my area. Only cottontail rabbits. If I want to go for hares, I’m told I need to go to northern PA. That one hare will make a nice stew.👍

after raising this little Hare i have a tough time shooting one! must be getting old. nevertheless congratulations!
20200812_135450.jpg

i only see the snowshoes when the cats and wolves are close in.
the hares come in close around the house for protection i guess. that and whatever is left in the garden they didn't get during the summer!
i was all fired up to hunt one like GoodRabbitPilgrim but with my .32 . was eager to make a hat with a white phase. got to thinking of the work tanning it, went out and bought one. really getting old i guess.

I'm not a fan of the meat. I use to collect one for an old gent occasionally whome like to cook them.
He preferred the blue or mountain hare so when I was in Scotland I would get him one.

I'm glad our aussie friend is getting game in with this smokepole. Good on him.

After doing a few practice shots last week I was keen to take it for a hunt. Managed to sneak into 20 yards of this hare and managed to take my first flintlock kill on my first flintlock outing!

Thanks to all that have given me advice along the way.

One thing of note, when stalking no matter how I held it I noticed that the priming powder migrated toward the flash hole. At the shot there was a bit of a fuse thing going on. Not sure how to remedy that?

View attachment 103081

View attachment 103080

Before taking the shot give a stock a thump with the palm of your hand just next to the lock...that should move the powder away from the flash hole.

Great hunting story...congratulations.

Back