• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Ettore Russo .54 Cal Custom Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailWalker

32 Cal
Reaction score
Up for grabs is a custom steel-mounted rifle stocked in walnut by builder Ettore Russo. The rifle’s lock appears to be an RE Davis Germanic style, and the barrel is a straight Green Mountain brand 1″ in diameter by 42″ in length. The LOP of the rifle is a hair over 13″, and the overall length is 56.5″. Weight of the rifle is 9.5 lbs. The stock is finished with a base layer of iron nitrate, followed by tinted shellac, topped with several coats of varnish oil, paste wax has been applied for added protection.

I am asking $1,750 $1,650 shipped for this fine rifle. It will be shipped in a wood crate and will include a replacement frizzen and double ball mold (.530 if my memory serves me correctly).

Attachments

• IMG_3057.jpeg
    IMG_3057.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2540.jpeg
    IMG_2540.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2542.jpeg
    IMG_2542.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2543.jpeg
    IMG_2543.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2545.jpeg
    IMG_2545.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2546.jpeg
    IMG_2546.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2548.jpeg
    IMG_2548.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What sights are on it? Have you shot and and if so will you share its favorite load?
The sights are quite rudimentary— like what you’d find on a Kibler. I haven’t altered them or staked them yet, as I’ve really only had this rifle out a couple times. I regret to say that I haven’t had the opportunity to work up a load for it. Here’s a video of me shooting it at approximately 35 yards. I believe I was using 55 grains of 3F here.

Attachments

• 9f08045c0cfacea10ff4d01a8e0267e5.mp4
    1.4 MB
Last edited:
My pleasure! It’s really a great rifle, and I’m sure I’ll regret getting rid of it. I truly believe that it’s worth two/three times what I’m asking for it in terms of the work that went into building this piece.

Don’t be like every other Tom, Dick, and Harry! Here’s your opportunity to separate yourself from the pack and own a truly unique, one-of a-kind rifle.

Latest posts

Back