• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euroarms Zouave - Review, please?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently picked up a .58 cal. Euroarms Zouave. I scanned this segment of the board but couldn't find a review. Have any of you had any experience with this particular weapon?

It is my intent to use a PRB for hunting, probably a .562 dia., and I'll work on the charge as soon as I get a mould.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks.

The .562 ball seems a bit small for a .58 cal rifle. :hmm: Usually, you want to go only about .010 under bore size. If your bore mics at .58, you ought to consider using a .570 ball with something like a pillow ticking that mics at somewhere around .018. That ought to give you a ball and patch combo that is easy to load but still gives you a tight enough fit to give you the accuracy that you need.

If you have never tried using an over powder wad, that is something you ought to try. I found that it significantly imporved my accuracy in my .50 cal rifles. I make my OP wads from 5 oz. leather scraps using a 1/2 inch hollow punch. You would need to get a larger hollow punch for your .58 caliber rifle but they are available from places like Harbor Freight. I punch out a bunch and then put them in a small jar and soak them in Ballistol for a few days to give them time to absorb the Ballistol. I take them out and pat them as dry as I can and they are ready to go. Just load one on top of your powder before loading your patched round ball.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about your rifle :idunno: but I have never owned one so I will have to remain silent on that issue.

Good luck, :thumbsup:
Bill

The Euroarms Zouave is 1:48 twist, the Zoli is slower and a better round ball shooter. I shoot .577 minnies and 50gr. of 3f, shoots great at 100yds. Mic.your bore, use 1-2 thousands smaller minnie.

I have the Zoli Zouave and shoot a .570 ball with ticking patch and 80 grains 2f is a pleasant and accurate load. I've carried it as an elk rifle the past two seasons but still haven't gotten a shot with it. :cursing:

Latest posts

Back