• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Extra long barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Flint

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking for barrels for my projects that are longer than the normal 42-44 inch ones which are normally available from most vendors. Does anyone know who to contact about special order barrels (smoothbores for now but possibly rifled in the future) that can be made in the 48-50 inch lengths?

Ed Rayl, Don Burton, Bob Hoyt all make longer length barrels. Expect a wait Just sold a 48" oct/Rnd Rayl last week. Lok to the links for the contact info.

Bill

GETZ takes alittle long ,,,All that equipment just sittin there .Sad
Bobby Hoyt Made my Frenchy Barrel in .69 cal ,51 and 3/4 long .I think he can go up to around 60
But you must give him the profile and he must approve it for saftey .His barrels are bored from solid stock.It is going to be a good wait, for almost any one who can make a Non Standard Barrel.
Get your order in early and you should have it some time mid 2012.mabey if your lucky you could have it together by huntin season!
Deutsch

GETZ takes alittle long ,,,All that equipment just sittin there .Sad
My last one from John took eight months.Ordered at Lewisberg in February and delivered last week.

Mitch

John usually keeps in mind that folks who make a living building guns really need the barrels. I tend to plan ahead with custom barrel makers and also buy off the table when i see them at shows. I scored a beautiful long fowling gun barrel from John that way. 52", octagon to round with a 16-sided section.

Latest posts

Back