• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fall Squirrel hunters fashion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tg

Cannon
Reaction score
This fall it's the short shirt, mid thigh wool leggins, hat cocked on left side,large bow cockade with double black Ostritch feathers,sash or leather belt of choice, look out furry little critters.. :shocked2:

09.jpg

I really admire you TG and anyone who can dress the part like ya's can. Maybe in another life time I'll get to do it myself. :hatsoff:

Wish we could do a little "Dressing up"in Pa.Here it's 250sq inches of orange.Also JUST found out we can only hunt squirrels with a muzzy for about 2 weeks early Oct. and 2 weeks late January.
NO squirrel with muzzy during early Oct. deer season.
NO squirrel with muzzy during bear season.
NO squirrel with muzzy during late season when deer is in with flintlock.

We used to have an all year long season on Silver Grey squirrels here in the valley with a limit of ten I think and now it is a two month season for "western grey squirrel" something funny has happened over the last 30+ years with the squirrel population we do not see many of the big greys like we used to and lots of the smaller ones that look like the Fox squirrel from back east, me thinks some squirrels been sneakin' up some other squirrels back door.

410-er said:
Wish we could do a little "Dressing up"in Pa.Here it's 250sq inches of orange.Also JUST found out we can only hunt squirrels with a muzzy for about 2 weeks early Oct. and 2 weeks late January.

I think that you can use a smoothbore with shot during the seasons you mentioned.
This rule about the ML rifles is something the PGC put in to keep the wardens happy writing
citations.

The one in the pic is a .62 smoothrifle I usually use my .58 fusil with 1 1/8 oz of bird shot for squirrels, those are theonly two guns I have left.

tg said:
We used to have an all year long season on Silver Grey squirrels here in the valley with a limit of ten I think and now it is a two month season for "western grey squirrel" something funny has happened over the last 30+ years with the squirrel population we do not see many of the big greys like we used to and lots of the smaller ones that look like the Fox squirrel from back east, me thinks some squirrels been sneakin' up some other squirrels back door.

Come down to NE Oklahoma my place is crawling with them ... our season for squirrels is like 8 1/2 months out of the year .. I have to look that up again to make sure but it is quite generous.

I used to hunt the Catoosa WMR in Tenn. and much to my surprise the squirrels were a bit scarce down there ... we are certainly blessed in this area :)

Love the outfit !

TG, your dressed for killin. :grin:

pulaskius, what part of the state ya huntin? i'm in tulsa, but have places in cookson & south of henryetta.

tg said:
Its is just a simple matter of refusing to grow up.

tg,i think you hit the nail on the head.
if i have to grow up then i aint playing no more.

good lookin' squirrel huntin' dudds,they shine

410-er said:

That's a shame about the hunter orange. In Indiana we just need one article to be hunter orange. So, I can get away with an orange Voyageur type hat to fill the requirement and still look the part.

Hats, weskits and such can fullfill the BO requirement and still allow one to get the feel of hunting with traditional clothing, I cannot see where the color would taint the experience IMHO.

Great rig TG! :hatsoff: Ya look far to good ta be huntin don't ya know. :bow:
Dusty :wink:

pulaskius said:
Come down to NE Oklahoma my place is crawling with them ... our season for squirrels is like 8 1/2 months out of the year .. I have to look that up again to make sure but it is quite generous.

Here ya go:
SEASON DATES: May 15-January 31
BAG LIMIT: 10 per day (both species combined), 20 in possession after the first day

I'm lookin' forward to bunnies, 1 Oct - 15 March!!

Back