• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fartherest shot at deer?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skunk hats? :cursing: Thets called child abuse in some parts! :rotf: :blah:

Davy
[/b][/quote]
Yea, but it is called edumacatin' them in other parts. :grin:

xxxRocklock5.jpg

xxxbuffalohunters.jpg

I dunno ... somehow seems fittin! :hmm: :blah:

Davy

Back to the original question, I'm more impressed by the closest shot on game than the longest. :hatsoff:

sidelock said:
My closest shot on deer was 6 feet-----it was a doe. :v

I waz that close oncet, but it were snowin' too hard to tell if the antlers had a fork. A requirment at the time. :(

thanks slamfire , bout time , sombody see's that it isn't about being the longest shot . but the most efficient shot .... we do respect the game that we are ( harvesting ) right ? no long shots only our best shots ........nuff said

Slamfire said:
Back to the original question, I'm more impressed by the closest shot on game than the longest. :hatsoff:

You should start another thread...my closest shot was about 10 feet away...

farthest shot 140 yards .54 PRB 140 grns FF. the deer was walking towards me.The ball entered the neck aboout midway up and stopped under the skin back near the tail.

I was once within bayonet range of a young of the year doe, I only had an antlered deer tag so powder burns on that deer.

While hiking with my dad, we spooked a sleeping doe. We were between her and the only cover nearby so she ran toward us. The deer didn't see my dad behind a tree and when he peaked around it the doe nearly ran him over. :rotf:

Rusty

closest shot, hmmm. That would have to be #2 deer with M/L. If I had stayed where I was supposed to it would have been 0 feet. Instead I backed up 20 yards or less and as deer walked past designated tree prb did the job.

I did have a misfire at one this year at around 15 feet.
Later
Z

The longest shot was 110 yards, and the closest was 12 feet. The 12 footer was a huge whitetail buck, and the first deer for my Lyman Deerstalker.

Zman,

I'd answer, but last time I mentioned a 100 yard shot at a deer I got lambasted and someone (I honestly don't remember who, maybe D.G.) started telling me how I'd have had to hold three feet above the animals back and wouldn't have been able to see the animal. Well, I've got five hides in the freezer and plenty of meat. Farthest was probably 90-110 yards. Guess I ended up answering after all.

Charcloth

Latest posts

Back