• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Favorite style of Smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
English half-stock.
38" Oct to round tapered and flared 10 ga.by Rice.
Raised front sight no rear.
Walnut with steel trim.
Hollow under rib.
Chambers Ketland lock.
Black horn cap.
Tapered and flared hickory rr.
Dunlaps Woodcraft kit.
7-8 lbs..a joy to hunt with well balanced light between the hands.
Turkeys, ducks, pheasant, grouse, woodcock, crow squirrel, doves...
No rb plans.

On a wet turkey hunt with first half of shed pair found.
28466417-b152-40ec-90af-a22ee7b9a2bd_zps686ed711.jpg

Left side
IMG_00111_zps5cd6fd07.jpg

sunny side up

39f790a5-3816-468d-9e3c-a7412541fa0c_zpsvgw374by.jpg

-I shoot a lot of skeet with my 12 gauge SxS. I also Turkey hunt with it.
-My 20 gauge SxS gets used for Ruffed Grouse and bunnies. Some clay birds too...
-The NW Trade gun is mostly a Squirrel getter, I've also shot a couple of Deer with it (RB).
Of the three, the 12 SxS gets the most use.

If your really serious about Fowlers and not just fishing..
I would recommend this book....

"Flintlock Fowlers"...author....Tom Grinsdale

Its educational too.
I look through it every month or so..
Lots of great pictures with dimensions.
Well worth the price.

I have a centermark tulle that I have used for 23 years to take ducks, hogs, squirrels and deer. Its not a fancy weapon but dependable as it gets.

Over 20,000 members and only 4 different pictures of favorite smoothies....Must all be rifle shooters????

I haven't yet gotten a chance to shoot this one yet. This Tulle was built by a gentleman in West Bend, WI and was sold as a part of his estate. I'd like to know more about it; who built it and how long ago. Somebody told me it might have been made in the 1980's?

IMG_01741.jpg

IMG_01851.jpg

IMG_01811.jpg

Its a joy to carry a well balanced Flintlock Fowler.
Don't even have to shoot it to enjoy the hunt.

I find it's also useful as a walking stick in uneasy terrain. My balance is absolutely horrendous. At least I haven't dropped it yet; I've dropped every other gun I've owned..

Back