• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Favorite Style

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muzzleloaders are like ladys. so many beautiful ones to behold. All have their particular appeal, style and virtues. Enjoy them all. I am enjoying my Lancaster lady.

If it has a rock lock I like them.
I was at Jim Chambers and held a York that he made and I must say it is the sweetest piece I have ever held. What ellegeance and balance.

:hmm: In response to Undertaker, I'm quite suprised that any one would pick just one as a favorite.Every rifle that I own has it's own purpose and I like them all.

It is hard to choose; I like them all. If I had to choose, for a rifle I favor early heavy long rifles: wooden patch boxes, larger bores, such as my early Lancaster rifle. On smooth bores, I like the Northwest Trade Guns. If I were to go to a cap gun, I like the good copies of the half stock Hawken.

Bob

My tastes have changed a bit over the years. I've always liked the looks of a half-stock hawken rifle. I used to not care for longrifles with a lot of brass ornamentation but now I'm fond of Lancaster style rifles with carvings and engraved patchbox. GW

My most recent one :grin: or the one that I'm shootin at the time :haha: :hmm: ofcourse there is that first model Bess that Mr. Brooks made that I borrow from time to time... I can't decide!!!! :confused:

Whats yours??

Right now I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hooked on flint smoothbores :thumbsup: that I don't want to look at another MZL, specially is she has any rifling in it ;) !

This former Schuetzen shooter finds the flint smoothies to be the epitome of offhand single shot firearm shootin' !

Roy said:
Whats yours??

Tja, Roy my favorite style. :hmm:
What i really didn't like is the Club Butt Fowler and the Hudson Valley Fowler.I dislike the butt. :(
Otherwise, I can't decide!!Virginia,Bucks,Tvlle :hmm:
Sometimes i think they are like women.
I take what i can get :shocked2: :redface:
:hatsoff:

Lehigh rifles, of course, along with guns of the "Allemaengel" eastern Berks county/Kutztown area. :winking: That "Ottho" gun that EK did an article on recently in MB is just the most coolest, awesomest gun ever! :grin:

I agree with 41Aeronca that the slender simplicity of the Southern mountain is my favorite.

CS

I love the Berks County guns above all others. My second choice would be the English fowlers.

English Sporting Rifles. I'll probably have enough money to get one, right after my life insurance policy pays off. :shake:

late lancasters and southern tenns.
As long as they have full stocks and rocklocks

Oh, i forget.I didn't like the mule ear lock :nono:
and i prefer the flintlock over the percussion. :winking:
:hatsoff:

It's the Bucks county for me, as far as rifles go. For smoothbores, I like the Tulle, or the early English trade guns that attempted to copy the Tulle. flintlocks are generally beter-looking than pecussion pieces, although I've seen individual exceptions to that rule.

Now broaden it out - how about pistols? I find I tend to like the late 18th century or early 19th century British flintlocks the best: Nock, Manton, Wogden, or Rigby (although he's technically Irish). Many of the long-barrelled Kentucy pistols seem slightly unbalanced to my eye. If you disagree, lend me one (or two) for a few years, and I'll do my best to get used to it... :v

I didn't like the mule ear lock

I have to disagree here. The mule ear is not a thing of beauty when compared to some locks, but it represents innovation. I admire its utility in that it avoids the silly drum and nipple arrangement. I will build one eventually, if for no other reason than that admiration of the utility.

CS

Latest posts

Back