• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Feral Cats & Dogs!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here on the farm I keep the cat population down to about 4 and we don't have much of a dog problem because we all will shoot a dog that chases animals on our own property, especialy deer.But I don't go hunting for them.I love most all animal, it's the owners that should be stump hung sometimes.
Bob

OK! OK! OK! Everyone conceived me! I need a pistol that I can carry with me during M/L season as a backup in case I get attacked by a pack of Feral Dogs or Cats. So what do you guys think? It will work on the wife as to why I just order a BP Pistol? :thumbsup:

But honey if you love me you would let me get this revolver to protect my life from the wild hordes of ravenous canines and felines running wild in the woods. :grin:

IF you kill the dog, the attacker is disarmed, and deadly force may not legally be employed against him, unless he does something else that puts you in reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm. Shoot the dog. Prosecute the dog owner.

There is a case where a man was convicted of possessing a deadly weapon, to wit: a vicious dog, which he commanded to attack the victim. I used the case to stress to K-9 officers the limit of their authority to employe their dogs to restrain someone, and their civil and criminal liability if they misuse that force.

I live in a rural area and we get a lot of drop offs. I would not condem any animal to coyote food. I have seen first hand the effects of dogs on cattle and deer. The feral cats killed off rabbit and Bobwhite populations. I have been attacked by feral dogs (Nine of a large size breed) while fishing on creek near me, only time I remember that I got caught without a pistol. They chased me all the way to my truck and tried to get at me,got up on my truck hood. I then cracked my window and shot two and the rest scattered. I sent the heads off to state lab and the results for rabies came back negative. I don't go wondering scouting or walking without packing something. There are several cases of rabies in our area from feral cat and dog bites on kids. We use the SSS system on them and that is Shoot, Shovel and shutup about it. I don't think I want to put my neighbors kids thru the Rabies shots that a friend went thru. I don't think Rabies has been brought up with this Feral Dog and Cat issue. I have put down several animals that are uncolllared and feral while calling predators.

mwindy said:
OK! OK! OK! Everyone conceived me! I need a pistol that I can carry with me during M/L season as a backup in case I get attacked by a pack of Feral Dogs or Cats. So what do you guys think? It will work on the wife as to why I just order a BP Pistol? :thumbsup:

Remind her how good she'll look in an angora sweater and a poodle skirt.

My hunting was at Ft. Gordon. I was a dependent at the time, and could hunt there. My father knew all of the wardens and the folks at the Rod and Gun club on base, so I was taken care of. Never did much good hunting there though...

PeashooterJoe said:
I live in a rural area and we get a lot of drop offs. I would not condem any animal to coyote food. I have seen first hand the effects of dogs on cattle and deer. The feral cats killed off rabbit and Bobwhite populations. I have been attacked by feral dogs (Nine of a large size breed) while fishing on creek near me, only time I remember that I got caught without a pistol. They chased me all the way to my truck and tried to get at me,got up on my truck hood. I then cracked my window and shot two and the rest scattered. I sent the heads off to state lab and the results for rabies came back negative. I don't go wondering scouting or walking without packing something. There are several cases of rabies in our area from feral cat and dog bites on kids. We use the SSS system on them and that is Shoot, Shovel and shutup about it. I don't think I want to put my neighbors kids thru the Rabies shots that a friend went thru. I don't think Rabies has been brought up with this Feral Dog and Cat issue. I have put down several animals that are uncolllared and feral while calling predators.
Amen and how about the more dangerous Coydog hybrid!

mwindy said:

Willy-"Telling your wife you got another gun will be easy, What's going to be hard is try'n to explain to her how everyone (conceived) you!! :shocked2:"

m-g willy said:
mwindy said:

Willy-"Telling your wife you got another gun will be easy, What's going to be hard is try'n to explain to her how everyone (conceived) you!! :shocked2:"
I wondered also,but was afraid to ask! :rotf:

Back