• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Few pics of my rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonPiano

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I don't think I've put up any pictures of my rifle thus far, so here she is!

It's a Lancaster-y lookin' .50 cal, 38" swamped Getz barrel and an L&R Classic lock. The stock is curly maple stained dark but the finish is wearing through to the wood ahead of the lock panels and around the wrist. Most of the brass is engraved and there's some pretty well-worn carving on the butt and in the other usual areas, as well as a wooden patch box. Interestingly, it has a peep sight dovetailed into the tang. It's an older build, dated 2000 on the rear finial of the triggerguard and signed "Kjelstrup" on the top flat of the barrel. Shoots pretty good with 70 grains of 3f! Anyway, :yakyak: here's some pictures.

20130508_191743-Copy_zpse69d1919.jpg

c2fdfe04-af87-4bdc-9ba5-520db8a71609_zpsdaf8b9ee.jpg

20130508_191935-Copy_zpsd8a0e562.jpg

20130508_192017-Copy_zps6c692bb3.jpg

Very nice, I'm jealous! It's always a pleasure to see a nicely crafted rifle, or fowler for that matter. My only thought is that my wife would have said, "At least you could have straightened up the sink counter and moved the 'bathroom stationery'! :thumbsup: :haha: Wive's just have a different perspective! :rotf:

That is a fine lookin' flinter :) Love the carving behind the cheek piece, too. Bet she shoots as good as she looks! :thumbsup:

Thank you! Hahaha that picture was taken the day she arrived and I was so excited I didn't even notice the TP there. Also, I'd wager that counter is even more cluttered now!

Hmm I'll admit that does look a bit suspicious. :haha:

I'm gonna be careful where I pose the rifle next time! :doh:

Now that gun is a dad gum beauty!!! Looks just about like the one I want to build. Way to go.

Jeff

Do you always take your gun to the batroom with you?Nice rifle have fun with it! :v

DonPiano said:
Hmm I'll admit that does look a bit suspicious. :haha:

I'm gonna be careful where I pose the rifle next time! :doh:

Sometime, take a picture of the rifle laying atop the flank of a still-warm deer, said deer taken with the same rifle.

Back