• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

fifteen yrds and closing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet pics :grin: !My wife is expat from east brownfield,maine.Your pics brought back memories.Thanks for posting.

I'm with BrownBear, them tines are impressive. Thought I was lookin' at a brown unicorn there fer a minute or two. Then the rest of the pics loaded. :grin:

Halftail said:
Blizzard of 93 said:
a beautiful animal. nearly as impressive as the rack is that set of ears! do male moose have a sort of 'beard' hanging down off the neck near the jaw hinge?

That "Flap" of Hide is called the "Bell".Not sure of it's purpose though but that is what it's called.

Howdy again,
you can see the beard/bell/waddle, hanging off on the broad side shot I took of him.
:thumbsup:
here is a little better pic of his bell.
DSCF2626.jpg

bucktales said:
What I found amazing is how quiet an animal that large can be. I ran up on a 900 lb. bull while hunting snowshoes in Vermont's kingdom once. We watched each other from about 30 yds for about 10 mins. and when he had enough, he just turned around and walked away. Right through a cedar swamp and barely heard a twig snap, horns and all.

Hay bucktail,
I grew up in the Kingdom a true paradise.
Here is a 58 inch 10X10(20pointer) I called in to a buddy a few years back on Secret ridge in VT.
:thumbsup:
moose004.jpg

GMB, That's a beauty!
I hunted your old state for nearly 30 yrs., mostly in the south , Nat. Forest land around Stratton/ Sunderland. LOTs of big moose in there, well before VT started a season.
Back in the 80's I hunted from Danville to up past Island Pond and in between. Usually ran into moose up there. Always liked the Kingdom.
Even ended up in Max's Dance Hall in Sutton. :surrender: :nono:

Back