• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally decided on a Crockett Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
capt. augustus, congratulations on the acquisition of your new crockett 32. it is a great little gun. you have already mentioned that the breech tends to grab the cleaning patch. in the past i have resorted to the use of a small john deere to pull the ramrod free. yesterday i used a come-a-long. the solution that i am trying now is to use two cleaning jags. the first a regular 32 cal that i gently bottom out above the patent breech and a second 32 cal jag that i've turned down to the size of a spent 22 shell. so far the second jag bottoms out to the end of the entire breech without grabbing and locking the patch in place. i may have to fish a few patches out as a result but it will still be less trouble than a jammed rod.

Latest posts

Back