• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally Got One!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The buck and the photo were both taken on November 9th. I was surprised to see the green leaves in the photo as well. There really wasn't many green leaves around at all. I am psyched for tomorrow morning. It's Vermont's opening day of Muzzle.I will let you know how I do.

Hey Bucktails,
Funny you should mention Stratton. Thats the area where I took him. As for the downhill drag, I like hunting high especially when I know there are no quad hunters riding to the top disrupting the natural flow of the deer.Nothing worse than waking up an hour earlier than everyone else so you can slowly and quietly hike to the top of the mountain in your mocs only to hear a quad come ripping up the mountain then stopping 50 yards away from you. Talk about a buzz kill. I guess everyone defines hunting differently and thats OK. Just makes me more determined to scout out the more out of the way places.

Nice,
I will be as far east in PA as you can get. I usually hunt along the Delaware river between Deposit NY and Port Jervis. I plan on going opening day and perhaps staying a few days after.

Mighty Oak, Congratulations on a fine deer and a well written account.

There will be a few flinters getting together after Christmas for an eastern Pa. flintlock hunt in Pike Co. probably 12/28 or 29.

It is being organized by "metrosean" on[url] PaOutdoors.com[/url],or[url] HuntingPa.com[/url] in their traditional muzzleloader threads. :hatsoff:

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go mighty Oak!
Nice buck there!I swear I got the Exact same Rack out in my shed from a Hunt in "93".

Nice job on a nice buck...... :thumbsup:

Mighty Oak said:
Nice,
I will be as far east in PA as you can get. I usually hunt along the Delaware river between Deposit NY and Port Jervis. I plan on going opening day and perhaps staying a few days after.

I belong to a hunting club that has parcels leased in that area. I've been hunting mostly about 12 miles south of Hancock, NY. That's where I plan to be after Christmas too.

Back