• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have not been able to go much but I finally got a pretty good longbeard this morning with my Caywood 12 ga english game gun. They gobbled good on the roost but shut up when their feet hit the ground (HENS) after bout a hour started back with a occasional gobble. This bird broke off from the bunch an came in to claim his hen which turned out to be a load of shot. He gobbled 6 maybe 7 times an took him at 25 yrds. He got a 9 inch beard with 1 inch spurs an weighed 19 lbs

Beautiful bird and kit there Wattlebuster!!!

First bird of the year posted here to boot. I'm not sure, but, maybe there should be a prize associated with such a feat.

Claude? :haha:

Congratulations Wattlebuster, Skychief. :thumbsup:

Good work!! Gonna be difficult here with 15" snow on the ground. And up where the turkeys are I've heard there's more like two feet!
Getting a shot in my back tues. for a bulging disc, maybe it'll be easier to get around.
Nice gobbler!

Congratulations...!!!!
Great hunt :thumbsup: and you did a really nice job framing that picture with your rifle, etc.
Too many times we blow a great opportunity for memorable pictures by being in a hurry.

90 gr of Fg then a hard cardboard 1/4 inch overpowder wad an 120 grns of #4s with a thin overshot card on top. It gives great patterns out of this jug choked Caywood :thumbsup:

Good calling,setup,shooting! Awesome!
Hope alls well with the family and you enjoy more turkey time!
Keep the reports coming...easy winter here(central Wisconsin)..Lots of birds....Good Luck Wattle's

Congratulations! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Glad you could get out and enjoy some time in the woods. And then to call in and take a nice bird with beautiful equipment is just icing on the cake.

Hope you can get out again.

One of the guys from our Minnesota lease that lives in Florida and hunts turkey in both Florida and Alabama said they are pretty quiet this year where he's hunting. He's managed two (with modern guns) so far, but said it's been a tough hunt.

Back