• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished Club

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chingachgook

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I just finished a club that I started after christmas and figured Id post some pictures of it in hope of some feeback from the masses. The club itself is maple and has two pewter bands inlayed just below the head. Let me know what ya'll think and thanks in advance.

~chingach

ClubFull.jpg

ClubHead.jpg

I think it is a pretty darn nice piece of work.
Don

"Chingachgook is my homey.."
-Geronimo 1883

Ver nice :hatsoff:
I wouldn't want to get smucked on behind the head with that! :grin:

Halftail said:
Ver nice :hatsoff:
I wouldn't want to get smucked on behind the head with that! :grin:

Seriously, if you're gonna get smacked with something, why not get smacked by the very best? Such as a superb Ball club like this, or an Irish shillelagh. :grin:

But seriously......you have carved yourself up a work of art :thumbsup:

I was into making replica NA stuff quite few years ago, much of it museum quality and made out of period materials and methods I sold quite a bit in some galleries, I would give your club a 10.... nice work.

Honestly I have no idea what it weighs, I'll try and get it weighed at work on monday..

~chingach

That real nice did you carv this all yourself or did you get this as a precarved

I got the blank from Tiger hunt, this is basically what it looked like when i got it. As you can see I have the features drawn in.

IMGP0161.jpg

Also I weighed the club at work yesterday and it balances out at about 1lb 3oz.

Thanks for all the good words from everyone.

~chingach

I been looking for a ball club for a while. How long did it take for you to make it. What is the stain used. If I could get one it would look good at the reenactment at Guilford college. Mudd Turtle.

Yes indeed! :hatsoff:
Finished mine yesterday! Also made from maple!
[url] http://cows-finland.org/kuvagalleria/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=10004[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudd Turtle,

Id guess that I have about 15 or 20 hrs in the club, conservatively. The stain is my own concoction, a couple coats of danish oil mixed with woodburst permanant red stain, a coat of roofing tar that sat for about a week. Then about 20 coats of Potassium Permanganate.

Hey when is that Guilford event?? And what period is it?

Tnx and hope this helps.

~chingach

Excellent work and a labour of Love.My Shawnee ancestors would be proud :bow: !

Back