• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished Horn............

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soggy:I am looking for someone to build me a horn . I would like a horn that can be used. It can be plain or have some scrimshaw on it. A plain southern horn would be fine. A wrought iron butt plug nail can be used.I will need to put a strap on it. What would a horn of this type cost? Thanks for your good work and your time. mudd turtle.

MuddTurtle, I know who's been making quite a few of Southern style powder horns, see pic. I'm not suring what his pricing is, but if you're interested I will pass along his name and email. You should mentioned I recommended him.
CrosbySouthernHorn.jpg

Gary E.

Sorry Mud Turtle I don't make horns to sell, just make one once in a while for a friend. Check the classified thread here on the forum , you might find something on there that's to your liking.
:hatsoff: But hey thanks for inquiring (makes me feel good :grin: )

Hello All,
Just thought I would check in and let you know that I am the proud owner of Soggys latest masterpiece and I can assure you the photos don't do it justice. It is really a work of art. What I am even more proud to say is that I count Soggy as a close friend and a kindred spirit. We only met a couple of years ago and knowing him just seemed comfortable right off. He is one talented man and can do anything he puts his hand to. Without getting into a history lesson I will expand on his explaination of the inscription " As Loved our Fathers...." It is indeed the name of an excellent play by Cahill (which I was fortunate enough to see) but he also borrowed it, as I did, from the"Ode to Newfoundland". Newfoundland is the only province to have an official national anthem as we were at one time our own country, but that's another story..... Thanks once again Soggy for the horn. It will become a family hierloom.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..........Thanks Green Horn; Hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed makin' it, it was a fun project.
Soggy

The picture of the horn you sent is just what I am talking about. Send information so I can contact him. Thanks Mudd Turtle.

Thank you for your courteous reminder -I did not know I could not send the post. mudd turtle.

Latest posts

Back