• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first attempt at knife making

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehunter

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Patch knife or small skinner.
5 inch blade
3 1/2 inch handle
walnut slabs
iron pins
I will let this one age on its own.
100_0266.jpg

100_0267.jpg

100_0268.jpg

100_0269.jpg

100_0270.jpg

With LOTS of help and guidance from a very reputable, and generous member of this forum!

THANKS WICK!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :v

Lonehunter has much to learn yet, but he is the best student I have ever tried to teach how to make a knife. To have such a hard head, He acually follows directions, and catches on very fast. Well, most of the time anyway. Now we have to not only deal with a hard head, but also a very swollen one, although well desearved. We may be witnessing the birth of a star. Stay tuned for the next episode, coming soon to a screen near you.

Your wise and kind words touch my heart master.
One day i shall pluck the pebble from your hand!
:rotf: :rotf:
Thanks to ALL for the kind words :bow: i have learned a great deal, and had fun doing it!!
Capt fred, you are right, now i need to learn a little bit about leather work.
funny how one hobby leads to another, does it ever end?
I HOPE NOT!!!
Thanks for looking. :v

Wick, Hopefully you'll find a way to anneal his hard head and Lonehunter will be making more of those kewl lookin blades. :thumbsup:
GW

Latest posts

Back