• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Blood with Muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luieb45

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday I got my muzzleloader back which had been in the shop. It is a traditions kentucky .50 cal caplock. I shot it after I bowhunted that morning. Then I cleaned her up somewhat and loaded it with 45 grains of powder and went rabbit hunting since the season opened on Saturday. First I spotted a squirrel and tried to stock it. No luck there. Then I walked along the field and jumped a rabbit and some quail in the brush. I waited for the rabbit to stop and shot him right in the back of the head. I did the same thing to another rabbit yesterday too. This is the first thing I've ever killed with a muzzleloader.

:thumbsup: Good shootin'.

Now remember, powder goes in first. :wink: Good luck in a couple week during deer season. :hatsoff:

Now after taking something with the muzzleloader, I won't get as worked up shooting deer as I was a few weeks ago. I got the gun shooting great with even heavier loads. I wounded that deer with 80 grains of pyrodex and now can shoot 3 in. groups at 40 yards with 100 grains. The gun fires even faster with the new magnum caps. Now my challenge is to get a squirrel with the gun.

Good Job....rabbits are my second favorite small game to eat.

.690RB

Back