• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First blood

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I completed a 20 guage fowler recently and just got back from a Tennessee turkey hunt where it performed perfectly. This bird went 22 pounds, had nice hooks and a decent beard.

ricksphone_zps691a907d.jpg

Pennsylvanian doing another good job....congrats on your success....both with the FOWLER and the TOM...whats that dangling from the bill of your cap? :v

Kodiak, that's my face net hanging down. When I made a bulrush to get to the flopping turkey, I pulled it up onto the top of my cap so it'd be out of my face. By the way, I'm from PA but that bird was killed down south in Kentucky. Hopefully at least one PA bird will follow this spring. Thanks for the congratulations fellas.

Your OP said it was a Tennessee bird but then you said it was killed in Kentucky. I'm confused.....................watch yer top knot............

Sorry, it was killed in TENNESSEE! I have no clue why I said Kentucky other than the fact that I drove through Kentucky on the way down and back. It was killed in Jackson County Tennessee. Sometimes my brain is mush. :grin:

Well, not much of a story but I had worked a couple of birds and had a nesting hen in early in the morning in this location. They wandered off with hens so I hit another property for about two hours and returned to the kill site at 10AM or so. We had birds gobble from several different areas but only one was gobbling hard and he was across the road and apparently not coming in. Two satellite birds must have snuck in quietly because I saw them coming and took a bead on the closer bird, dropping him at approximately 25 yards. Being from up north, it was really nice to sit and bask in the warmth and sunshine after taking my first Tennessee gobbler.

Back