• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Buck ever

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the ball didn't exit. I could no find a exit wound. I could not find the ball when I field dressed the deer. It must hav lodged somewhere, but where I'm not sure.

Jerem

congrats! a 1st deer is quite an acomplishment in itself, but to have taken your first with a tradional weapon makes even more so...you are a true woodsman now!

jerem0621 said:
No the ball didn't exit. I could no find a exit wound. I could not find the ball when I field dressed the deer. It must hav lodged somewhere, but where I'm not sure.

Jerem

You'll probably find it in the far shoulder when you butcher it.

Grats! :hatsoff: Great shot!
You never forget that first deer. I remember mine as clear as the moment I pulled the trigger. He'll look great on the wall... and on yer plate. :thumbsup:

Congratulations! :thumbsup: I've got the same gun and I really love it - it killed my a nice fat doe last year.

Can't thing of a better way to start ML hunting, congrats and may you find many more,enjoy the journey..

Congratulations on your first Buck! A nice clean kill is what we owe to the animal. Good job keeping it together when I'm sure you were very excited. I wish you many more in the years to come.
Idaho PRB

Thank you all for your kind words. What gets me is that I am less than one week from this kill and I am already thinking about the next one. LOL. HMMM Turkey season is coming up. HMMMM

I really need that New Englander Shotgun barrel now!

Jerem0621

Back