• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"first" Coyote with BP Shotgun !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffdrown

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Shot this ..'yote" this morning with my 20 gauge double BP shotgun. Its my first with Pedersoli BP Shotgun. It was a "blast' ...no pun ! lol!

img_1171.jpg

img_1159.jpg

img_1165.jpg

...20 yards .... # 1 1/8 oz. #6 Lawence shot..equal amount of Goex FF.(nitro card over powder/thin over shot card)

img_1162.jpg

...anyone that would like to hunt "yotes" with me here with "BP"..message me ( S.E. Ohio ). There killing our calves .. Grrrrr ! We killed about 60 now in the past year...But..they keep on coming.

Nice shooting Jeff.

A little story from Saturday for you guys.

Had my deeks set up in a little meadow. Heard some distant gobblers. Nothing close. Just kept calling every 15 to 20 minutes.

About 7:30 I look over to see a coyote slinking in fast on the deeks. Just as I saw him he went into the final charge (fast). I think he realized something was up at about 10 feet. He just kinda sholder bumped the jake and made a big 50 yard loop. It happened so fast I never even got the gun up. He stood there looking back for about 3 seconds and was gone.

Pretty cool to see him locked on like that. Would have liked to take his picture (with me and my gun)!

Greg

I took my wife to the airport this a.m., :applause: and saw a 'yote trying to sneak up on four Canada's in a field.
THis week is turkey hunting! I have two houses to sell, and am packing to move into a third, and I don't care!! Momma's gone!!

Greg..sound like a blast that day.. This mornings hunt started out a "turkey" hunt too... But I have been trying to get a "yote" with the BP for a few months. Its hard to get one into 25 yards !!! But ..not this time...:) The turkey will need to wait till tomorow morning !

Well done. I have the same shotgun as well. I had to have the trigger worked on as it was a bit heavy. I still need to shoot it. It's one of those have to have guns but haven't shot it yet.

gmww ....I love this BP shotgun...shoots great ! I got it from a friend for $400. He only shot it twice ! Was like new !

Kentuckywindage ....because it frosted the last few days. Crazy weather here in Ohio... Even crazier .. its up around 80 this afternoon. Maybe springs here now ! .I hope so !

Back