• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Day of Early ML Deer Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
First Day of Early ML season and I'm stuck here in the office. :cursing: Rained very hard yesterday as a bad storm front moved in, and going to rain off an on today, but tomorrow I will be out.

Maryland allows buck or doe in my part of the state from Oct 16-18, and then "antlerless" from the 20th to the 25th for muzzleloaders.

Anybody else have a split, early season like that in your state?

LD

No split for deer season here in the Old Dominion but fall turkey is "chopped" up and bear season is split up. All this varies from county to county and takes a lawyer to work it all out.

I don't know if you would call it a split but here in French Louisianne we have an early "Veterans" hunt the 25th till the 31st (any weapon) then our early "Primitive" weapon season is the 15th Nov thru the 21st. Then modern rifle season till last of Jan, and a late "Primitive" weapon season the last week of Jan

our "early" season comes in saturday and is in for a week. in this season you can use flint., prec., inline, scopes ect. if it loads from the muzzle you can use it. but, starting dec. 26 each year, we have the late flintlock only season for about 3 weeks. no orange required so you can wear traditional dress. its a great season!

Florida has a week-long muzzleload season on private land but most management areas only have a 3-day season. It starts tomorrow in my area.
I will see if my .45 flinter is able to score on a buck.

I'm not from Iowa, but have hunted there with bow. They have an early 7 or 9 day October muzzleloader hunt....residents only. :cursing: I quit hunting there with bow because the license cost for a non-res is over $600, but I'd pay that for a week in Iowa in October with a muzzleloader in hand! BTW...it's all muzzleloaders...not just traditional.

Back