• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Day of Illinois Firearm Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luie: It's good to know that kids still take a day off from school for the hunting opener. Back in the day, they used to give kids the Monday of opening weekend off in some of the smaller mountain school districts here. Don't think they do anymore ...

Great pics. :thumbsup: Grats to both of you.

I haven't seen a coyote yet this year where I hunt. Twice I've had red fox walk up on me tho. Had one at less than 10 yards for over a half hour one evening. As close as 10 feet a couple times. Red/black, looked young.
Saturday evening a older looking red/white one got inside 15 yards before it changed course. It was barking every so often and I heard some quieter yips and rustlings following it. I guess it must have had pups (kits?) following. Never saw them tho.

Luie B , I can see a bad trend being to start in your life.Thats what got me in trouble when I started skipping school to go squirrel hunting and fishing.Once this bug has bitten you, you will probably follow its lure the rest of your life.You better seriously think about a profession that will give you access to the outdoors.You have written another great description of your hunt and I only wish that I was your age today.

Back