• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first daze of elk I mean turkey season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NWTF Longhunter said:
at a turkey? i've seen pics of his patterns from that gun. i don't think a second shot would be a necessetiy

Who said anything about turkeys?...there's all kinds of critters out there, not to mention them Blackfeet... :)

yup I never venture anywhere without a accurate sidearm.
Once wile checking my trap line when I was twelve I neglected to bring my Grandfather's k22 S@W and got bit by a feral dog robbing one of my traps.
Never again especially when all I have is a single shot shot gun.
Thanks every one for the Hzzaaaa!
My kid is allready a dang fine tracker and not annoyed at dad for the early morns.
Her bed time is seven and no arguments.
:wink:

Even when I get up early on the weekends for hunting I don't sleep any earlier than I would if I wasn't going hunting. On the opening weekend for bow season it was also homecoming week and I slept like 3 hours one night before going hunting the next morning. I can't be around people on days like that though... I guess I get a little grouchy :haha:. Anyway seeing all these turkey hunting pictures is making me anxious for Friday morning. It stink though because I can't roost birds Thursday night cause I got a track meet 45 minutes away on Thursday :idunno:. I guess I'll just go to my usual area and get really organized and roost them Friday night and be a little more educated on where they are Saturday morning.

I am so jealous !!! My Boy and me have not even gone out this year! All winter we planned for it. Between work on the nice days and snow and wind and below freezing temps on the free days the season is closing fast and it looks bad for us!!! :shocked2: I may be able to sneek away from work one of these days but I don't think my boy will be able to go out this year.. :(

Latest posts

Back