• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Deer with Trade Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes my wife stayed to help skin. The round ball entered through a rib, took the top of the lungs, clipped the spine, and exited through another rib. It was a bang flop.

Yes JR it is a little warm up here, last year at this time we had trouble getting around through the snow. Thanks for the comment about our troops, we know a couple of them personally, and think very highly of them. I even had one of them deer hunting with me for a day last year.

We were practically neighbours. (I may live in Texas now but you notice I still remember to put a "U" in neighbour) :grin: Do you hunt up in the turtle mountains? I've hunted up there a couple times. Seen some VERY big whitetail up there.

I saw your other hunting post also. You're having a good season.... good shootin.

I have never hunted in the Turtle mountains, used to hunt north of Virden and now hunt right around home. The season started good, but have had 2 misses since. First miss hit a twig second I shot right over it's back. I could have shot a little one this morning, but let it go. Now it's back to work, and I will only have next Saturday to get out.

Dont over look the little ones! I shot a 60-70lb Mule deer doe and that was the best darn venison i have ever sunk teeth into. Very tender, no fat. A nice young plump little doe is good eating.

Latest posts

Back