• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First doe with Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVAED

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey guys, i don't have any pics yet, but i killed my first deer with my T/C Hawken 50 cal. with a patched round ball with 80 grains of 2f. she was about 60 yards away. The ball passed completly through the lungs, missed the heart. She ran about 50 yards and died in the middle of a creek. Got my feet all wet dragging her out. I have killed several deer with an inline and more than i can count with my 30 06, but there was something about this kill that felt very fulfilling. I'm hooked.

Thanks guys, let me also add that i killed it with a round ball i made with my new lee mold.

Hunting with a traditional muzzleloader is so much more fulfilling and success all the more sweeter. Ain't nothin' like it! :thumbsup:

Hard to describe that feeling to someone who has not done it. Congratulations! :hatsoff:

Finally, signed up for photobucket. Here she is hanging in my garage.

doe.jpg

Back