• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First flinter harvest!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Today in the evening I was outside with my .54 ETPB-rifle made by Roy trying to get a roedeer. At about 8:45 p.m. a doe with a fawn came out at a distance of 200 meters. They had both no season. 30 minutes later 60m in front of my treestand a redfox came out of the forest and moved towards me. I put my flinter, cocked and aimed. The fox was so friendly to stop about 40m in front of me so I pulled the trigger. Ignition was fast, really like a capper. The fox fell down, but got upa again and moved 20 m. Then break down dead. After 20 min. I went down the treestand and looked for the fox. I hit him in his back between the shoulder blades, the RB exited between his upper legs, so it went through lounges and guts. I used 90 grs of WANO PP, .525 RB and .010'' lubed patch. Thanks again to Roy for this nice rifle.

The batteries of my digi-cam were empty so no pics.Sorry!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congratulation on "breaking in" your flinter!!! :applause:

Are you going to do something special with the fox pelt?

Best wishes on your continued success!!! :thumbsup:

Bretwalda said:
Congratulation on "breaking in" your flinter!!! :applause:

Are you going to do something special with the fox pelt?

Best wishes on your continued success!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the wishes! It is a summer fox and a young one, too. So the fur isn't worth anything!

Hope to get soon a roedeer with these flinter. It is really fun to shoot with. :thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Hello Dirk,

congratulation for your first flinterfox

wish you some more good harvest with the flinter an acceptation in the german hunting society. :thumbsup:

Klaus :wink:

Weidmannsheil! :hatsoff:

To bad you can bring it north and repeat the feat!

Cheers
T

It's always interesting to hear from hunters in other parts of the world. Good shot on the fox!

Congrats if you can shoot a fox with a flinter a roedeer should be no problem. :thumbsup:

Back