• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first flintlock deer!!! (pic)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what the heck are you doing on the puter at this time of the morning???
Ken, Ain't no windows at the factory so they don't let us know what time of the day it is. You gots to specify 04:00 or 16:00 so I can tell if I am suppose to be here or at home sleeping. Actually I am catching up on my hunting stories and staying awake. Two hours till the pillow.
:snore:Zman

I'm a little late, but I want to add my congratulations! Any deer with a flinter is a great trophy. Also, that is a very purty rifle.

i will be carring Miss Fish again this weekend for the close of the southern zone season. maybe lighting can strike twice this year!!
Ken

Congrats Ken, It's a good trophy for sure as I told my pards any deer with a flintlock is exciting! Keep on carrying "Miss Fish" I'm sure she'll do er again for ya.

"Ole # 7" popped my 2nd doe this year and 6th in 3 years. Hit her directly behind the shoulders, she ran about 75 yards on a dead or I should say a death run. Left a pretty red trail in the white stuff.

Passed on a running shot yesterday on a decent young buck. Didn't want to risk wounding and losing him so I let him run on!

Your Friend,
Chuck

Congrats on the deer.

Now.. can you export some of that white stuff down here in time for the 27th? ;)

Ken, Nice little deer you got with miss fish, I like to hear that a rifle I make for a friend/customer makes meat.
I didn't get much huntin done this year, rifles to build knives, hawks and repars and the wife kept me in the shop working, but next year I plan to get one of the big boys we have here.
Any way good shooting and good luck but the way you and miss fish are working together I don't think you need luck. When you are ready for the new rifle built I will be here.

Keep ye powder dry and the wind at ye back.

Tim/Bear1st

Ken, Great account of your first kill with "Miss Fish". Congratulations! Is this a great sport, or what? Trust that your total involvement with these flintlocks will go on and on. I have a Remington BDL .270 that must think it is an orphan! Well done young man, and my best wishes for the Christmas holidays.

Bear1st ( Tim Brown )
Man you should be proud as i am of this rifle. i still can't believe how fast that dam small siler lock is. it goes off with just a CRACK!!! no pause, delay or anything. i swear its as quick as a cap lock. you really know how to tune a lock!! for those of you looking for a grea rifle built for you ya better check out Tim Brown and his work. i stand by my rifle %150!!! great wood to metal and awesome lock work. he has a great website showing all his work. thanks again Tim for such a fine rifle!!!

Ken, Thanks for the kind words about the rifle, :master: :redface: It does make me proud that the rifle is what you wanted, I am glad you can carry and shot Miss Fish as I take a lot of pride in make it as I do all the rifles I make, as I told you all the rifles I make are a labor of love and when they leve my shop it is like one of my kids leaving home. I hope you have may years of shooting her.
Thanks and have a happy and safe New Year.

Tim/bear1st :thumbsup:

Hey Tim, do you have a website or a pricing list? (sorry if this question is inappropriate in this forum)

Lee

Back