• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First flintlock deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonpce

40 Cal.
Reaction score
After leaving my truck this morning I was walking to my stand and saw what I thought was a small doe about 50yrds away. After the shot the deer ran about 60 or 70 yards and was easy to find. The deer ended up being a button buck and was my first deer with a flintlock. Although I've killed deer with a sidelock before I felt great, using the flintlock. Not a big deer (small) but a trophy to me. Thanks for all the advice from members when I was getting started. I'hooked on the flint. 70 grains of bp, ticking patch and .490 round ball.

First game with a Flintlock is special for sure...congratulations on getting up the learning curve and pulling everything together for a good hunt
:hatsoff:

Good shooting, mighty good eating. I hunt for does best eating. Any deer with a flint is something to be proud of. :hatsoff:

Back