• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First flintlock kill

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just cleaned with water cut em open to lay flat and they are drying, its like sinew, cut it scrap clean and let dry, then pound with a blunt rock and then wet when to be used.

i just cleaned with water cut em open to lay flat and they are drying, its like sinew, cut it scrap clean and let dry, then pound with a blunt rock and then wet when to be used.

wonder why that posted twice... yep one of the many reasons i hunt, food, hide, spirit of the hunt and other import. reasons, but utilizing the animals parts is a big part.

I've got a groundhog hide in the freezer right now that should work into a nice pouch. Their cool because the shape of their hide when skinned is ideal for pouch making. As far as double posting ,it happens.

yes when we sell our hides to the fur dealer we always case skin, unless its a beaver and case skinned is the best way for a deep pouch.

Back