• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Flintlock Rifle Squirrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAC1967

40 Cal
Reaction score
Well, since every animal taken with a ML is a trophy in my view. . . this is my first flintlock squirrel. (I shot a grey with a Traditions Crockett a few years ago, and one with a smoothbore and shot last year) . . . This one is special since I built this rifle a few years ago. It is a TVM Late Lancaster in .32, with a Rice Barrel and Siler lock. . . left hand. The woods was beautiful tonight.

Don't know how many times or years I have left with a .32 and my old eyes . . . before I use my Chambers PA smoothbore. . . but this was satisfying. It's not an easy task to take a squirrel with a flintlock rifle.

IMG_3476.jpg

It was fun. Its not like picking up a shotgun or my Ruger 10/22 w a scope and heading out . . . Practice at the range is required in the off season (for me at least.)

Back