• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Flintlocks!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real nice first guns- many ole timers don't have them that good- at your age you and your brother have many good years ahead to have fun- always remember Safety comes First- the Great Pinyone

" Unfortunatly,we ain't supposed to shoot them until they're finished because the stocks will get crud on them and won't take stain as well."

I would not swallow that. I often shoot a gun in the white to determine front sight position and stock fit at cheek on a fusil like yours. positioning the front sight that way is like filing later but better.that Fusil looks good the barrel choice and lock style look pretty good.

Ben,
Congratulations on the new flintlocks!! :thumbsup: Never trust them newfangled nipple huggers! I agree with TG, shoot'em to make sure the sights are right for you before you finish them out. Glad to see some younger guys as interested as you!!!
Be sure to post when you get them finished.
Best of luck,
Ed

Looking good! But, Ben, you never said where they were from? Or did I miss that, Good smoke, Ron

Woops! I thought I did! :redface: We got them from Tip Curtis. :thumbsup: We rubbed the finish on them a few days ago and they are STUNNING!! :bow: I'll get some pictures up soon. :) And we were going to shoot them today,but it was a raining,slopping mess. :shake:

~Ben

Hey Ben what barrel in 44" were you able to get for your fusil from Tip? I know Colerane makes one that is about 1 1/16" at the breech, a bit small but better than 1" I have one of these Coleranes on my De Chase and it comes in just under 8 lbs in .58 bore, it would be better if the barrel profile matched the bore but there are three bore sizes in the same profile, once again nice guns.imordered an extra ramrod ferrul for mine and what I was done I found it in a small sack in a drawer, so I went without, I think it would have looked a bit better but such is life.

We shot them today and...oh my! After years of percussions... :bow: They were great!! :thumbsup: It was a bummer though because we were loading my Fusil up after several shots and it started to rain! :shake: We finished loading and as the rain drops started to accumulate on my barrel,I touched her off and ran like my pants were on fire for the house!! :haha: We were soaked!! :haha: Oh well,it was worth it! :thumbsup:

~Ben

great looking flintlocks! congratulations to you both... something magical about rockbangers and (after four decades, anyway) the magic is still there.

make good smoke!

those are some awesome looking flintlocks nothing can give the same thrill as shooting a rock lock. still waiting till august for mine to arrive.

I am so anxious for mine to arrive. I'm sending the money order today and will probably receive when I leave for Florida. It'll definitely be something good to return to. :rotf: Yet, I have learned a lot of things about shooting them on here and probably know too much now. Yet I still am nervous that it won't work or something.

Nice flintlocks there ben. :bow:
With me been new to ML , i shoot a percussion
rifle, ( dont get me wrong i like my new rifle)
but i do like the look of a FL, but till i get
use to ML i will stay with my percussion. :thumbsup: . Boomm

Latest posts

Back