• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first hog with the 32!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well i finally killed one. i was walkking along a woods and i heard walking and branches snapping as i turned to the right i cocked the hammer and set the trigger. i waited till the ground hag had moved again so i could find it and luckly it moved right into a good spot for a head shot at around 25 yards. i have been trying diffrent loads still and im still not sure where to aim but i aimmed for head and BOOM!! the ground hog didnt evan make an attempt to run back to its hole. i used 35 grains of fffg with .310 ball and .20 patch
32222.jpg

32111.jpg

I gotta remember that when yall say hogs you aint always talking about the rooting porkchop type.

For a moment I saw the title and said to myself that the 32 was a bit small for boar.

Nice shooting. Now you going to eat that thing?

Well there you go! Now you've got some confidence in that .32! Nice! :thumbsup:

Nice shooting!

I had the same reaction - got my first hog (boar type) with a .45 last month, and though that's about as small as I'd want to go.

I need to get out and kill some gophers, they did $550 worth of damage this spring to my underground lines. I love sniping them with my .36, and can actually justify it to miy wife when I'm gone shooting for 4 hours. That's good shoot'n.

Back