• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First hunt !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jock scott

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,

Today I had my first hunt with my 20g flintlock fowler. I missed a partridge and 2 pheasent hens (actually it could have been the same twice). Well, basket empty of game but full of great emotions !! :thumbsup:

Flintlock hunting is not very popular in France (but I mean not at all), and my father in law who taught me hunting is sure now that I am completly nut !!!! :youcrazy:

Jock

Great story even if your game bag came back empty. next time out might be the ticket! :thumbsup:

Steve

Hey Jock, good going. Don't let those who haven't yet discovered the joys of doing things the way our forefathers did them discourage you. You no doubt had a good time or you wouldn't be telling us about it. Using your Fowler is deffinately more challenging but when you DO connect (and you will) the rewards are more than worth it. Keep at it and before long you will not only bring home game but might just as well win over a convert or two. :grin:

don't sweat it, man! The last dove hunt I went on was on the base, and I took the BP. I only fired around 7 rounds, and got 2 dove. When I got on the bus (last one to be picked up), the first question asked was how many I got. After that, the only thing talked about the whole way home was my gun and black powder.

They only think you're crazy because they don't know anything about BP, and the art of shooting them.

Hi Jock,

welcome and congrats to your first ML hunt from your eastern neighbour country Germany! Even when you didn't harvest anything I think it was a great expirience.
Where are you located in France. You can come pver to Gemany. Here we are a bit more ML hunters, even at big game, most roedeer and hogs.

Regards :thumbsup:

Kirrmeister

Hi,

Thanks for your support ! I have now only one idea in mind....................go back hunting !!

To answer my german neighbour, I am from Toulouse, in the very south of France. I am closer to spain than to germany, but who knows !!

Jock

You got outdoors and shot your gun. Sounds like a good way to spend the day. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you had fun so who cares what others think. Any hunt that you come back with memories is a great hunt!!!

Bonjour Jock

Congratulations on your first hunt with your flintlock Fowler :thumbsup: Brad

Back