• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first kill with flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike garner

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i am trying to put a photo up but i don't think it will work. i went yesterday with my 50cal. lyman gpr and killed a doe at 60 yards. 75gr. of swiss 3f and a lee 495 soft lead ball. she ran about 30 yds from a hit in the shoulder, it came out behind the off side shoulder. this is the first time i ever took a flintlock hunting. i have killed deer all my life, 100s of them with scoped rifles and open sight antique rifles and recurve bows, but this was a real thrill different from the rest, i am hooked for life now! i am in the middle of building a 62 cal. jaeger, can't wait for next season.
Code:

roundball said:
That's gettin' it done !
:thumbsup:

And welcome to the the world of Flintlocks!
Agree 100%! :thumbsup: Heartiest congratulations!

Good Job,
Might as well sell them other guns.
The fun has gone out of them.

PJC

No one warned you that using flint and steel to ignite your powder was addictive? :shocked2: Congratulations, I hope you have many more. :thumbsup:

Good shot!! Welcome to the dark side of firearms!! There is no known cure!!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Flintlocks have restored my desire to shoot, hunt, and have fun. I have always hunted but its a different experience for me when I am carrying a flintlock. Keep up the good work.

Back