• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First meat for the year

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got up an stuck my head out an boy the wind was howling but I went anyway. As I started back behind the house it started sprinkling rain so I put up the flintlock an broke out the percussion 54 Haines. I set up on the ground figuring to come back home quick if the rain came on but I got lucky an did'nt have to stay long cause just after good light this lil 90 lb doe came easing through the thicket an stopped at 30 yrds when she spotted me. It was too late, the hammer was back an I had a fine bead on her. She was facing me an I let her have a roundball in the chest an she fell where she stood. With the wind it did'nt take the smoke long to drift away. I cut her up in stew meat an a couple of roasts an the tenderloin will go good in some big cathead biscuits
047.jpg

Good work Wattles, congratulations !
:hatsoff:

Beautiful stock on that rifle too...

Wattlebuster: I'm in Tuscaloosa and the deer were moving this afternoon, too. Nothing came close to me, but I heard maybe eight different rifle shots in my near vicinity starting about four thirty.

Back