• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First muzzleloader kill

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc7x64

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well killed a doe in the first 2day hours of my nine day hunt. My reception is terrible. So I will post pics when I get back! Plus story! Even recovered roundball! First 2 hours! This mzlder hunting feels great!

Congrats on your first. May you have many more good times. Looking forward to the story.

RJ

Congrats, Ain't nothing better than time spent in the hunting woods and filling your tag to boot.

2012-01-21_17-09-46_875.jpg

Sorry it took so long to get back with the story! Finally figured out how to post pics! Shot this girl in the first two hours of hunting. Temperature was 75 degrees and I was wearing traditional beach wear, Guy Harvey T-shirt, blue jeans, orange hat, and Croc flops! The weather was pretty much terrible all week rain, South wind,etc. I missed a 6-pointer on Monday and a 4-pointer on Tuesday. Just cant see that front sight late in the evening :surrender:

Congratulations on the first deer with a muzzle loader. Hope this is followed by many more.
Seeing the front sight is a common problem, both early and late in the day. Try putting some bright yellow jig paint on the back of it. Your sporting goods store should have some in the fishing area. If it still isn't bright enough, mix a few drops of white into it. It works great for me in low light. Leon

Back