• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First muzzleloader kill

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the kill and the description of your hunting clothes, maybe i'll try that.

I'd be interested in seeing the round ball that you recovered. as well as the distance and shot placement info.

The shot was perhaps 50-60 yds. Broke both shoulders, anchored her right there. No vitals were hit so I shot her through both lungs at PBR. I was sitting in elevated shooting house on a food plot. She was not interested in the plot but rather came out of some planted pines,skirted the food plot and was heading back into the woods. Probably had a pile of acorns she was heading to. A friend of mine killed a 185# 8-pointer shortly after and found the ball on the floor in the skinning shed. Smashed flat and had the imprint of the pillow ticking patch etched into it. I left it on the counter in my camper,but will retrieve it this weekend. Ironically, I killed a 140# Doe last year less than 10 Ft. from where I shot this one.

Awesome I got my first trad muzzleloading deer back during our season here in NC. All I can say is wow that round ball was great.Good deer,good freinds and good times that is what it is all about.

Back